I do not mean I screwed myself over. I literally burned (read: branded) myself. I was searing a pork loin on my grill pan, then I put the whole pan in a 400F oven for 20 minutes to finish cooking the pork through. I took the pan out of the oven, moved it to plate and covered it with foil. As I was moving my arm away from the pork it hit the handle of the pan
Approximately 8 hours later.
Yeah. That hurt. It blistered. And it looks surprising similar to the University or Oregon’s logo, yes?
The next day I was fishing for something in my backpack so I just stuck my whole arm in, then pulled it out. About 5 seconds later I realized my mistake from the awful burning; I had torn away the blistered skin on part of the burn.
This happened 6 days ago and unfortunately, it still hurts, though it is starting to heal. Currently it looks like this (please excuse the poor quality there is low light in here and a window right next to me)
This was kind of a big oops. It made moving out not fun at all. It was so hot and the sweat stung and irritated the burn all day. Thankfully, I don’t think the whole thing will scar; just the left side where I tore the skin off.
Lesson learned here. Don’t burn yourself. Burns are crazy painful.